• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equipment Keys?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've lost a couple of sets and man what a pain going around trying to pickup new again.

The John Deere/Hitachi excavators us a 600 key. You might find a few gray market machines that don't use that key and replacements used to be impossible to get. They also have a different key for the mini excavators.

Komatsu has several different numbered keys but the master is a 797.

Case has some different keys also. The excavator keys do not fit the dozers. Case excavator keys do fit Link-Belts.

Volvo has a different keys for loaders, excavators and haul trucks. The last time I had to buy a loader key it cost me $30.

There are several old standard keys that were sold with many machines. The snoopy key was used as a master in most of the old Internationals and some other brands. The same with the forked Ingersoll Rands, I found many old Hypac and Hyster rollers with the same key.

As for the truck driver, I figure you guys must have all the lost keys in the world. Everytime a trucker moves a machine I'm sure they take the keys with them:)

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
I've lost a couple of sets and man what a pain going around trying to pickup new again.

John, next time you loose them :)D) try Pape'- they have a really good set for $45. Don't ask me how I know...

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
RobVG,
Thanks for the heads up. I got a set from Western Power a couple of years ago and so far I've held on to them.

Beachslock

Occupation
Disabled
Equipment Keys

I sell all brands of equipment keys at www.beachslock.com I was a locksmith for over 20 years and worked with my uncle on his construction equipment for years I'm always interested in new equipment keys to add to my website also information on what keys fit what take a look and if you have any new keys i don't have or information please hit me up at [email protected]

James

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
Nice website James and a good reference. I've bookmarked it for future use.

Hanomag

Anyone know if they will do euro gear??? I know that JD use libherr dozers stateside ,never heard about Link-Belt though

Try www. plantkeysgb.co.uk they have sets of keys for most types of machines (a set for telehandlers for example)

I bought a set of general plant keys for about £28 (2 years ago)

Regards

Laxin

A few years ago I bought a set of master keys for every machine for mechanics from cat. you can try there.

Legdoc

Not to hijack the thread. Who remembers the big thick Cat key? You knew what it went to. Ahhh the 70's.

IceHole

IceHole

Looks like a Hyster key.

Lowes got all confused how I was loading my truck with their Hyster forklift.

Funny how there was no one available to help but when a fellow DIYs it half the store's employees crew show up.

Manager didn't know what to say when I busted out my forklift cert card. Probably have more ass time on one than many have on a couch.