• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equipment value?

mxsledder

Does anyone know if there is a blue book for equipment? If not could anyone on here help me appraise a machine I'm about to buy? Thanks in advance

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
There is no real blue book for the iron markets. GreenGuide used to be pretty good but the owners got real proud of the information the sold you so I haven't used them in years. MachineryTrader.com is by far the best place to look on the internet. You can look up both retail asking prices and most all the auction numbers at the same time on the same site.

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
I used to subscribe to Market Watch but found researching Machinery trader is more accurate and free. The market changes quickly and varies by location so it's nice to choose your search options.