• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

esco hammer

Reuben

I was offered a esco hammer today for 2000 cash,new conditon but doesnt work.Any ideas why it may not work and how much it would cost to get it fixed

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I was offered a esco hammer today for 2000 cash,new conditon but doesnt work.Any ideas why it may not work and how much it would cost to get it fixed

I rebuilt a 1500 pound Esco Model 35 I think. It cost about 2K to rebuild it (bushings and seals). They are a hard hitting hammer no doubt about that. They are oil pigs, mine required about 35 gpm to run. You can still get parts for them (sorry I cant recall where) ESCO got out of the hammer business and another company is handling the hammer parts portion.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Run away from it, there is nothing worse than getting parts that aren't made for an attachment.

Hendrik

This seems to be the people to talk to about ESCO hammers http://rmhydratec.com/esco.htm
In some ways a hydraulic hammer is a simple machine but the oil has to flow the right way.
There are a couple of valves in the hammer that direct the oil flow, if one of them is stuck it ain't gonna work.
You also need nitrogen pressure.
2 grand for a non working hammer is a bit steep but depends on the size of the hammer, I recently bought a 100kg Krupp hammer for 2 grand and it works.
Obviously a bigger unit will cost more and the thing is you may be better off to buy this hammer and get it rebuild, that way you know what you got. Buying a working unit might seem like the smart thing but if it has been abused you may well have to get it overhauled in the near future. Under greasing and storing a hammer on it's side are two things that you want to avoid.

od1

Occupation
Marketing heayy equipment
I am a new dealer for Maverick Hammers. My company is registered in both Canada as well as the US.
Our prices are at least 10 percent cheaper than the prices listed on the Maverick Hammer site.
Depending on what your needs are the savings can be as high as 15 percent?
We just sold a 5250 HSP for $2,000.00 cheaper than you can buy it on line, and we threw in an Auto. greaser for free, a $1,200.00 value. Total savings was $3,200.00.
In Canada our price was $8.000.00 cheaper.
Please check out my company. We’ve been around since 1984.
Go to the links page and look for Maverick

URL: www.intersat.cc
E-mail: sales@intersat.cc
Phone: 819 849 7700

Regards

Barry Loadenthal

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You need to check the accumulator gas. If there is none in it the hammer will only hit once and then stop.