• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ex120-3 bogging only when warm

CAPTNKO

Machine: Ex120-3
Hours: 4500
Problem: Runs fine first 45 minutes of each day, then (without over-heating) it bogs-down any time there is the slightest use of the hydraulics. Also, whether cold or warm, the engine idles and runs fine at any rpm. The problem is only when the slightest load is introduced after about 45 minutes of use.

MJE

Maybe...air in the pump? Open the bleeder valve and purge any air.

Eddiethewrench

Machine: Ex120-3
Hours: 4500
Problem: Runs fine first 45 minutes of each day, then (without over-heating) it bogs-down any time there is the slightest use of the hydraulics. Also, whether cold or warm, the engine idles and runs fine at any rpm. The problem is only when the slightest load is introduced after about 45 minutes of use.
Our 350 did the same thing. In the filter housing of the separator/primary FF is a volume fuel pump (electric) I think it was 1200$ from dealer. I took it apart, all the way in the bottom was a fine screen plugged solid. There's no way to clean it or blow it out from the exterior. The pump ran fine,checked out electricly and pressure wise. But every time you started working it , it fell on its face. After I figured that out it ran like brand new..

CAPTNKO

Thanks for the replies. I have removed the fuel tank, cleaned it, put in clean fuel and a new fuel filter. Still behaves the same. I'll continue with the suggestions. Tanks again.

chickenminer

I have an EX 200-3 machine that had a similar issue. Finally got my DrEX to work and it told me I had a bad angle sensor/ or wiring on the pump.
I changed the angle sensor and issue went away.