• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ex200-3 conversion kit installed still overstroking

Cryil Noble

dont know if its cool to start a new tread on this topic,i appolgize if its not . having a tough time with this. installed conversion kit (chinese) checked and double checked my installation accuracy. the machine is still overstroking everything is too fast(stalling) and i have all the adjustment shims removed from the spring . I assume that pilot pressure destrokes the pump ,so if my pilot pump was weak would that cause overstroking? Has anyone ever tried to ad height to the stopper at the bottom of the pump to limit the overstroking ? just shooting at straws here , i d sure appreciate any suggestions.thanks

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
A mate of mine who owns a hydraulic shop has found that the pilot pumps when worn still pump the required pressure but have insufficient flow to operate properly. So pressure and flow test that pump first.

Cryil Noble

Thanks , I will check that out , this seems to be a big topic I’m surprised so little is know about troubleshooting these kits , the manufacturer has no desire to help , so I guess it’s up to us to figure it out lol

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
A mate of mine who owns a hydraulic shop has found that the pilot pumps when worn still pump the required pressure but have insufficient flow to operate properly. So pressure and flow test that pump first.
This was on an EX 240 that had been playing up for a number of years. The gurus from Hitachi and others had been mucking around with it changing sensors and a whole lot of other stuff including fitting new fuel injection pumps, injectors ect. The owners were about to dump it as they had spent a motza on it when my mate got involved.

Bremcon

I’m having the exact same issue with my EX100-2, I Installed the piston with no shims and it was stalling out the motor and I read the instructions a little closer and it recommended adding two shins which I did and it definitely helped but it still feels like it’s loading up too hard on the motor, were you able to get the machine to stop over stroking ?

Cryil Noble

no, I just tolerated the stalling and used it as is, but recently something suddenly changed ,the swing and the bucket has slowed to the point that I can't use the machine, is there any adjustment for individual functions on the kit?

Bremcon

If you have an ex200 I would recommend adding the B and D shims as shown in this chart, my ex100 ran better with the recommended shims than with non at all and don’t bother adding and removing shims because I tried and it ran best with the recommended shims. I just cleaned out my suction screen and hydraulic filters and they were all clogged with shop towel debris so im thinking that is why my pump was still loading up after I used the recommended shims. I’ll let you know how it runs with fresh filters once I get it back together.

Attachments

• DB262AC7-5ECA-4AF3-ACE1-8D2EDF722F6D.png
    DB262AC7-5ECA-4AF3-ACE1-8D2EDF722F6D.png
    2 MB · Views: 14

Cryil Noble

did the new hydraulic filters make a difference?
If you have an ex200 I would recommend adding the B and D shims as shown in this chart, my ex100 ran better with the recommended shims than with non at all and don’t bother adding and removing shims because I tried and it ran best with the recommended shims. I just cleaned out my suction screen and hydraulic filters and they were all clogged with shop towel debris so im thinking that is why my pump was still loading up after I used the recommended shims. I’ll let you know how it runs with fresh filters once I get it back together.