• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator losing power

Shivan Dookeran

Hey guys my 320dl serial kgf00762 is losing power intermittent when hot , changed all filters thinking it was that but same thing , I checked but no active code
Only thing is the boost pressure keeps jumping up to weird numbers .
I am attaching 2 pic with the numbers I am seeing . First one is the weird numbers when it loses power and the other when it works fine .
Question is what numbers shoukd i be seeing and which sensor I need to change if it is the boost sensor ?

Attachments

• 20221113_101831.jpg
    20221113_101831.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20221113_102824.jpg
    20221113_102824.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

Shivan Dookeran

Tried cleaning the boost sensor harness connector yet.?
You have access to ET don't you.? Any codes.?
Harness is clean and no codes coming up ,I know it's a sensor acting up because when the machine is cold it works fine , the values I'm seeing from the input sensors are all fine except this one which seems to be jumping all over the place

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The boost reading goes from 4750 PSI and then down to 10 PSI? Why is there a difference between boost and turbo out.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Seeing the machine is close to 15 years I think I’m gonna start seeing sensors and other stuff giving up
Just bear in mind that in addition to sensors the age of the machine you also have 15 year-old wiring harnesses that are just as likely to give problems caused by age-related embrittlement.
It is a recurring theme on HEF that someone starts with "I had such-and-such problem, replaced the sensor and that didn't fix it. What do I do now.?"

Shivan Dookeran

That's true and I'm very much weary of that, I may seriously consider going the cheaper way first, which is the sensor but seeing the engine harness is subject to the most heat I'll look into eventually changing it .

Shivan Dookeran

Changed the sensor and it's working fine so far , can anyone say what is the harness part num? I'm seeing one 296 4617 but I'm not sure if it's the right one for my machine .