• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Extec C12 cone crusher

francon

I have an Extec Can which runs on a deutz engine MODEL BF 6M 1015c Hp366 KW273 YEAR MODEL 2004 EXTEC 5219 MB 4 NM SER NO BUR 10. As it stands the engine is gone and will like like to replace it with a CAT engine.I will like to know if a 3306di or 3406 cat engine can work..The 3406C has a 350Hp and a lower Kw..The 3406B has a 425HP while the 3rd has about 240Hp, not sure though..at the moment I haven't seen a C9 cat engine here in NIgeria. Pls I really don't know what to do. .what are my options

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Firstly are you working on a jaw crusher c-12? Next the 3406's have nearly twice the displacement you need for power, combining this with the fact you are trying to replace a v-6 with a way longer inline 6 makes me think this is a near impossibility. I would search harder for a duetz motor. The 3406 is going to want to run at 1800 all day where the duetz v-6 is probably specs at 2100. Show us lots of pics if you get this project started.....TIO

francon

Firstly are you working on a jaw crusher c-12? Next the 3406's have nearly twice the displacement you need for power, combining this with the fact you are trying to replace a v-6 with a way longer inline 6 makes me think this is a near impossibility. I would search harder for a duetz motor. The 3406 is going to want to run at 1800 all day where the duetz v-6 is probably specs at 2100. Show us lots of pics if you get this project started.....TIO

It's a jaw crusher exec c12..what cat engine will work in it

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Again I am not a proponent of messing with engineering this much. The duetz is a good simple engine. I can not find great specs on this deutz engine but it appears it's around 8 liters and v-6. If you were to install a 3306 or c-9 you will have to deal with nearly a foot of extra length. So extec built lots of there c-12's using cat c9's. If you want to go full mechanical engine go with a 3306 turboed and after cooled truck engine. The truck engine will have the horsepower you need. Seems like the 980c or the d7h has this motor also but not sure on the horsepower of those...TIO

bdiwearparts

We have all the jaw plates, and cheek plates for EXEC C12. If you need, just let me know. Thanks