• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Farm skid steer?

jacobd

IIRC the 1835C is basically an 1840 with a strange Teledyne engine in either gas or diesel. I would take a pass as well.
The Deere sounds promising if you don't mind hand and foot. 4.4 liters of displacement in a 6500lb machine is no joke. That price seems awfully cheap though.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Although I am a CASE guy, I would pass on the 1835C. It was a price point machine and not very popular, the actual 1840 and 45C are worth waiting for. As for the Deere, Personally I cant stand them. That was the first model made after the 200 series which was really bad. The 3** series was better, and having a neighbor who is a JD mechanic would be a bonus, the price seems right. If it was exceptional clean, it might be worth considering.
Any chance you can hire your neighbor to go with you to look at it, heck he may have worked on it himself and be able to point out good an bad things most would miss!