• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Favorite Machine?

jperfect

Occupation
operator digging mainline
dan allor - ive heard that name before not solomon. why do you ask

dayexco

dan allor - ive heard that name before not solomon. why do you ask

dan and his sons own dan allor plumbing and solomon plumbing. they have their shops along 96 couple miles east of south milford road. danny's a very good friend of mine.

Deas Plant

Embawassing storwy

Hi, Wolf.
What's embarrassing about that story - - - - unless you were actually cutting the tree down and it fell the wrong way????????

If you were out hiking when the tree fell how are you to blame?

Once the tree had fallen, you simply did what was needed to get your butts outa there and get the - slightly damaged - vehicle back to its owners.

Maybe you look at things a bit differently from the way I do but I can't see anything embarrassing in that story. Unfortunate maybe, but not embarrassing. And it was probably 'character building' too, was it not?

Dozerboy's story is way more embarrassing than yours. And I'd guess his experience was 'character building too.

Thanks for sharing.

Lochoe115

CD Player upside down and in water

Had a 1994 honda civic, just put $2500 into engine work and new rubber.
I was on my way home from my first gig with the band i was in at the time, had two buddies in the car packed with gear (guitars in the trunk, amps in the back seat) So, we were pumped and i was clippin at a good speed when i decieded i needed to drain the lizard. So with no hesitation i gradually started to slow from 110km/h knowing where a good spot was. I had slowed her down to about 50km/h when i approached the turn-off and started to turn in, at that moment i hit loose gravel from all the transport trucks going from dirt to pavement and it locked her up heading straight for a sign with 3 neatly placed 4-5ft boulders in front. So, I went into action mode cranked the wheel back to the road pulled the E-brake, which swung the tail out, then floored it and slamed the E-break back down, everything was lookin good as i jetted back out to the highway but unfortunatly there had been a washout on the far edge of the road which left the curb and no material below so instead of hopping up on to the road my passenger tire got caught and swung me back toward the ditch. At this point i thought i was in the clear as i figured the worst that could happen was i would just hit the bottom of the ditch and wipe the **** out of my pants and call for a tow... Needless to say i was wrong the car came to a stop and started sliding down the bank to the passanger side,

Lochoe115

CD Player upside down and in water

we hit the top of a 20'f diameter culvert dropped 10` on to the roof of the car in a creek that had a bout 4 feet of ice cold glacier water. Smashed the passenger windows, back windows and sun roof instantly as we hit the creek bed. Next thing we know were being carried by the creek into the 20' culvert with water raging in thankfully the car stoped before the 10' drop on the other side. Both passangers got out with a few minor scratches and bruises, now this is where the story relates to the CD player. There was a moment during this whole ordeal where i remember being upside down in my seatbelt looking at the control panel with all the gauges lit up and i looked towards the center console and the CD player was still running i uncliped the seatbelt with some struggle and brought my head the the surface still in the car and the car was still running and the cd player was still playing (as for the song i have no clue) needless to say it didnt last long but for that one moment i was laughing to myself seeing this cd player under water and upside down still pumping the tunes.... So, that was 2 years ago and i definatly learned a lesson or two from that incident. Unfortunatly i bought another honda and typicaly im having big problems with her 15 days before i leave to an Apprenticeship program with the Operating Engineers for running Excavator. So some words of advice if you want an easy fix dont buy a Honda...
Enjoy.
You guys at HEF are saving me as the days dribble by.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Lochoe115! :drinkup

ben46a

This is a hard one, Top 3 are as follows:

1. D8R series 1, twin tilt U blade, single shank ripper, pin puller, and lighting group.

2. Kobelco (!) SK330 LC high and wide undercarriage. 3.5 yd bucket

3. Cat 980G series 1, 7.5 yd gp

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
i was wondering if anybody operated the gradall with tracks [10-20 ton class and do they make them with rubber tracks