• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis FL14 B

mccoyg

Looking for info on this tractor. I found one and looked at it today but not familiar at all with Fiat Allis equip. It looks pretty good and I was told it will start, run, and opperate with hot batteries. it has 3 shank ripper and shows wear but no abuse. I got serial no's and am looking for direction to get all the info with them. I'll be honest and say I'm not novice but way below with my computer skills. I think I can get this old loader for less than scrap iron price and prob ably need to seal the deal and take it to the farm and work it. I would appreciate any help and info I can get.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Parts are a little scarce these days, look to Minnpar company in Minneapolis to see what they still list and how expensive the remaining pieces are. Quite a few in scrap yards being parted out still. The rails are 7.484 pitch with 60mm OD bushings, closest to those if not available anymore for this is Deere on 750 series 7.484 with 64mm OD bushing but possibly could be used.

Definitely a Fiat machine, very little Allis to these, most likely a Italian or European engine/running gear and again new parts a little scarce.

I have a Allis HD7G, I have been dealing with scarcity on FA parts.

mccoyg

Thank you for your help! I found one I could possibly purchase for slightly under scrap price. I think it will start and operate fully functional. What is the biggest part failure I should look far before I try to make an offer, and/or what should I look for specifically that would be an absolute no deal for me to purchase this machine (the weakest point)? I've been around a lot of American-made machines for many years, but this foreign made machine is new to me, so I appreciate any information you might have that would help me.

Do you know if these machines are still produced today, and is Fiat Allis still in business? Any idea what the machine would have cost new? Additionally, do you know the best place for me to find specifications on this machine? Thank you for all your help and recommendations! Best Wishes!

ValleyFirewood

Fiat-Allis was bought out in the mid 80s so I don't see how the FL14B could still be made today if that's what your asking.

As far as I know they are Case/New Holland now, but we are talking company assets, not so much actual equipment. No idea if any type of inventory made it into those lines for the Fiat-Allis stuff.

Earlier this year I was looking at a Fat Alice (Fiat Allis) dozer that was for sale. I called around on parts. I may as well been asking for unicorn blood and bald eagle tears.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
As stated, the ONLY place I have been able to procure parts for my old Allis is Minnpar: http://www.minnpar.com/, they bought out most of the NOS that was left as the dealer programs disintegrated in the early 80's. They have quite a lot of parts but they get scarce as to hard engine parts, a lot comes out of CNH as replacement for such as steering pumps and hydraulics but trans parts, final pieces all hard to come by. Here of late soft parts as seals and gaskets are becoming non-existent.

You will get what you pay for and a lot you didn't bargain for in buying a FA. I have learned and will part with mine as soon as I am done with what I need to get done, Deere is a better buy for the money and Cat is a better all around machine.

FL14B will have Iveco engine and drive train, track/undercarriage is almost invisible it is so scarce even in used pieces. Probably a decent machine but I would pass today after going down this very road a few years ago.

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
mccoyg, it sounds like DMiller ate some crow to give you an honest opinion. If I were in your shoes my ears would be standing straight up and pointed about right now. Good luck whatever you decide.

mccoyg

Thanks to everyone for your input. I was already thinking that what you were saying might be true. It was probably quite a machine in its day, but I was worried trying to find parts would be a problem, and that was confirmed by you. Thank you again for all of your help. I hope to talk to you again, maybe with answers that I want to hear next time. The truth always hurts, but its always the truth...... Thanks again!

TEC

If you are getting it for less than scrape value, why would it matter if parts are available?

Buy it, use it, try to part it, then scrap it. This way you will break even or close to it.

Tom

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I did that very notion, I am currently in the process of parting out #2 tractor to keep the first tractor operating as I spent too much to get it to where it is and had a major failure brewing. Scrap value is only good if you do not have to spend the time, waste the time to cut the machines up. I have done a lot of both to get enough pieces that MAYBE will keep my old cripple running two or three good jobs and then say good bye to it to upgrade to one I do not have to work on more than work with. If mine will not sell I will use it until it breaks another major component and let it become a fence row queen until I have time to waste on cutting it up.

Time to me is more valuable than scrap money, I lose a week to cutting up a machine so the scrapper will take it and give me more than 1/2 value then the benefit is not worth the effort. And yes steel has been around $200/ton but for "Clean" scrap, not a full machine here, that will net you 1/2 to 2/3 Clean price and you have to haul it in.

gwhammy

What part of Missouri you in? There's a real good fiat allis parts dealer on I-70 around the Williamsburg exit. They worked for Cooks heavy equipment till he died and they took over the parts and repairs. Real good people to deal with and have connections all over the world. I was there last week with a buddy that has two fiat allis dozers and they had one of those loaders working on it from Nebraska.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I do deal with the guys there as I work just south of there at the nuke, handy to go there but they admitted they get their parts from Minnpar so I went back to buying direct from them. Some CNH parts distributors have pieces for the old AC/Fiat Allis crawlers but very few, the steering pump for my 7G actually has a CNH part number on it. Just many pieces coming to the end of NOS and fewer still being manufactured as replacements. I live east from the nuke and farm south of Hermann.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Had to, to keep my old monster moving. Have used Diesel Engine Pros out of NB too, same context for better prices, found they too used Minnpar as a source so started checking with the distributors I use, they all used Minnpar for the majority of pieces they had gotten for me, just easier to buy and ship direct for me now as I set up a commercial account with them. CNH dealer in Morrison cannot buy the pieces for me either, they are AG not Industrial so checked around on that to verify and set up accounts with a few others for CNH parts.

Was a excavation company in Salem MO, used to sell a lot of old FA units but so much a few years back, he had a shop that looked like a FA parts warehouse, bought a bunch of assorted parts loads for his equipment as the dealers started shutting down, have not been back around there to know if he still does have all that stuff.