• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis FR 100 backhoe.

John White

I run on to a Fiat Allis FR 100 backhoe with (he says) only 300 hours. 4x4. Any one know any thing about this model (years they were made) and parts avaliability. I know every once in a blue moon you run on to one of these off brand backhoes, (massey fergson 50, etc) at a real steal. I relaize no deal is a steal if you cant get parts for it or they are prone to be a problem child. Worked for a fellow one time who had a MF50d, that he bought new, had alot of hours on it, but not beat up, he traded it on a New Holland and they gave him only $3000. for it. He had the N.H for only a couple of days and started having trouble with it. I told him to just get ahold of the dealer and tell him to pick the N.H up and and drop off the MF so he could finish the job. After they got the NH fixed I told him to just tell the dealer that he would just keep the MF for a back up. (I gave him the $3000) I wound up with a pretty dependable backhoe and almost tripled my money when I was done with it. Tried to do a search on the Allis FR 100, but couldnt find a thing.

John White

I belive it is the same as a New Holland LB 110, you may find it on the CNH.COM

LE180 I tried the webb site you gave me, could'nt find a thing. I am surprised that someone doesnt know any thing about these. They must have not made veery many. I did a google search and could even find any thing about it. The fellow has it listed as a FT 100 but the only thing I could find was a FR100. Which I think may just be a loader. The fellow says it has only 300 hours on it, hardly used it and only thing wrong is a few of the hyd. seals have dried out and leak a little. It is a 4x4 so that is a plus. Its impossible to find something with that low of hrs and 4x4 in that price range. But if you cant get parts for it or it is a problem child then it isnt worth the gas to haul it home. You would think there would be some old Allis dealers out there that would know about it.

John White

This is only a guess, but I think you may be dealing with a Fiat Allis FT110, not a FT100. If so, then a New Holland dealer should be able provide parts.
Do you have any pictures of the unit you are looking at in order to compare?
Here is an example link for a FT110 on the internet :

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6873743

Thanks fellows: I think that is where the confusion is. He had it listed as a FT100. I did a google search and it said "do you mean FR100"?) I am not fimuilar with them so I did not recgonize the mistake. I finally got ahold of the owner. You guys are right it is a FT110. The guy said parts could be bought through New Holland. And it looks the same as the picture you sent me FPGM. So now you guys jump in and give me your thoughts on this machine. The owner says it is larger than a Case 580. He said it has actually only 240 hours. He has owned it for about ten years, and he said used it very little and as a result some of the seals leak. It has heater, Air cond, extenda hoe, and I think he said "pilot controls". It is missing a couple of windows. The asking price is $12,000. So what do you fellows think, would this be such a large and bulky machine, that it would not we practicable. It is one with the large tires (looks same as rear tires) on front, so I dont know how agile it would be.

Bartlanz

Occupation
Field Service Engineer
12k for a machine like that from what you have said seems fair to me, get us some pics!

fpgm04

I am certainly no expert on these machines, so take these comments for what little they may be worth.

You said bigger than a 580, definitely! Even bigger by weight than a 590!
Operational weight specs on a FT110 is 20170 lbs for base machine, to 22595 lbs if you have a 4-in-1 front bucket, cab, etc. The engine is rated at 100 hp to move that iron.

Something you might want to consider is I believe the FT110 has seat mounted pilot joysticks for both loader and backhoe modes. This means you are sharing the RH joystick between loader and backhoe operation depending on the way the seat faces. If you have never ran a backhoe with this style of controls it is a very interesting experience in many ways.
I would definitely recommend you try that out to see if you like it or not. There is reversing capability to operate the loader in backhoe mode and vice-a-versa, but it adds complexity of added switches. (definitely not for inexperienced operators). Also having the LH joystick ever present on the seat makes getting in and out of the backhoe interesting, and potentially expensive, experience if you snag the LH joystick while exiting the backhoe. There are also pluses to sharing joysticks, such as more cab room and potential visibility.
In any case, make sure you get a operators manual for the machine as you will need it to understand the added controls and operate the backhoe safely.

For your comparison, the FT110 would probably be closer to a New Holland LB115, instead of the LB110 as the FT110 you are describing would have 4 wheel steer.
Note however that the LB115 does not have seat mounted joysticks.

As mentioned by others, pictures would be helpful.

John White

Thanks for the info FPGM04. Your are right, that is more like the NH 115. This sounds like quite a backhoe from the way you described it, and the owner also. Sorry I dont have any pictures as the listing has expired, but here is one that looks just like it, listed for $30,000 It is on Craigs llist, I dont know how long you will be able to view it. There is a big differance in $30k and $12k with only 240. hrs. It might just be too much backhoe for me. Still debating. Probably could sell it, if I didnt like it.http://albany.craigslist.org/bfs/1556629787.html

L 180 E

John an NH 115 is a big seller on this side of the water,at the plase I work we have one from 1999. make sure too put gear oil in the finals, and keep an eye with the magnetig plugs to see if there is metal on it. new berings are about 400$ so not a big deal if you see it in time.
I belive CNH seels about 15000 backhoe loaders at year in many colours and namens. if yours is teen years old, it is one of the first years it was out, but at that price you can´t go wrong.
I belive the joystick is servo, the same system the have in the excavators up to 80 tons (we have an E485) they are mountet on some sort of konsole on the back, not on the seat.

good luck