• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Figuring out hydraulic LPM for attaching hydraulic attachments

Camron2020

Hey lads I got a 2013 John Deere 180g sn# SN1FF180GXVCD020165
I am looking at possible rock drill attachments and they need my litre per minute for the hydraulics.
Is this something I can find out myself or do I need to get a mechanic to run a test on the hydraulics.. thanks in advance

Diesel Dave

Spec for auxiliary function flow on a new Deere 180G is 190 litres / minute at 3000 psi (1 pump).
A flow test would be required for accurate setup of the attachment.

Camron2020

Alright so taking that number 190 litres a minute, they should be able to pick the attachment and then do a flow test after purchase right? It’s almost like they want me to do a flow test before I buy it… and after to set up the attachment

Diesel Dave

In the Operator's manual there is a cycle time test for each function.
If you are on the high end of spec on ALL the cycle times then I would say an initial flow test could be skipped.

Pony

I've just used the book values for lpm, auger drives usually have about a 50lpm window of acceptable flow rates.