• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Filling the differentials on a Cat 1055 telehandler.

3rdGenDslWrench

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
So today I got pulled away from what I was doing....( re-organizing the mechanic container boxes after a 5 mile ride.....big big big mess :Banghead). I rode over to where the lube man was to see if I could figure out where you put the oil back in the differentials at.
The only plugs I found where one on each side of the driveshaft...about centerline with the axles....and the breather on the top. The 2 plugs on each side of the drive shaft gives you access to the brakes...if you have a slow nozzel you can fill it up that way. I ended up putting some brass fittings together for the man to attatch to the end of his nozzle and put the oil down where the breather was.
Does anybody else have a better way or know where the actual fill plug is???