• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Finally got my new 320dl

CBS

Occupation
management
Finally got my 320dl *** after waiting 2 months for it to come in, i sure wont miss the old 315 with 5500 hours on the clock had it since new also still works awesome and goes hard everyday just not with me in it :)

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
315 at 5500 Hrs sounds like just run in to me.
My son's 312 has done 11,000 hrs.He did close to 7,000 hrs on origional chains.
Machine should be replaced now tho.
He also has a 320D,but whats a D I ??????
PS
D series suposed to be more thrifty on fuel ,but still seems bloody thirsty like it seems are all Cats.
I hate to say it as we are Cat fans ,but seems like other makes leave Cat for dead.
I have a D4H 3304 engine which is useing 19 ltrs pr hr in heavyish work.
Anyone else with same observations ????
Regards

masterwelder

I think CBS means D L, long track. Lower case L (l) looks like an upper case i (I) sort of...;)

sultan

315 at 5500 Hrs sounds like just run in to me.
My son's 312 has done 11,000 hrs.He did close to 7,000 hrs on origional chains.
Machine should be replaced now tho.
He also has a 320D,but whats a D I ??????
PS
D series suposed to be more thrifty on fuel ,but still seems bloody thirsty like it seems are all Cats.
I hate to say it as we are Cat fans ,but seems like other makes leave Cat for dead.
I have a D4H 3304 engine which is useing 19 ltrs pr hr in heavyish work.
Anyone else with same observations ????
Regards

Your D4H sounds like its burning way too much fuel to me. I don't think a 90 HP 3204 (not 3304) should burn anywhere near that much, though I don't have a dozer to compare. My 105 HP CAT IT18F wheel loader (with a 3114T) only burns 8-11 litres per hour.

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
My D4H [series 3]has a 3304 turbo eng.rated at 105 hp.
I think it uses too much fuel but to compare it to a wheeled loader may be a biot unfair.
Im talking backing up, steep and pushing down hard so eng is working most of time .
Regards and thanks for your reply

sultan

My D4H [series 3]has a 3304 turbo eng.rated at 105 hp.
I think it uses too much fuel but to compare it to a wheeled loader may be a biot unfair.
Im talking backing up, steep and pushing down hard so eng is working most of time .
Regards and thanks for your reply

Oh, you have the series 3 version. That makes a little more sense. I still believe that the D4H, even the series 3 version, uses a 3204 and not a 3304; I could be mistaken though. I know that you can't can't directly compare the fuel burn of a wheel loader to a bulldozer though. A dozer is working hard most of the time, but a wheel loader is only working hard when it's filling the bucket.

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
Thanks for your reply.
I can assure you tho that Series 3 certainly have 3304 eng.as did D 4 E tho naturally asperated and only 75 hp

Regards