• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Finding Backhoe Head No Vin 310c JD

HelpImLost

Hello Everyone, I am running into a problem with my JD 310c. We bought it used and apparently it had a preexisting issue with the Head. The mechanic found the head had a large crack in it and cannot be repaired. Someone had worked on the head quite a few times already and the head gasket was installed backwards as well. We are looking for the Vin to get a replacement head and the plate isn't there. Is there any other way to find the correct head for this model? The 310C apparently has 7 heads from that model and that's all we know. I know it's not a turbo for sure, but I cannot find how to match the model to a head for sure without a vin. Any advice is appreciated

Diesel Dave

Welcome to HEF HelpImLost :cool: .
Assuming the engine is original , the engine serial number or the cyl head casting # is most important.
Engine model 4239 below serial # 299999 (cyl head marked R56790 with turbo) or (cyl head marked R54560 with no turbo) , ALL sub to complete head part # RE56307 or Deere Reman # SE501590 .
The bare head is not available at Deere.
Engine model 4039 above serial # 300000 (cyl head marked R111949 or R97628) ,ALL sub to complete head part # RE48615 or Deere Reman # SE501585. The bare head is not available at Deere.

Last edited: