• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fitting a winch to rear of a dozer

lantraxco

In the fine print it probably says the rating is not line pull, it's load at stall, WITH a snatch block, lol.

JPV

Willie B, if your TD7G is like the ones I ran it has a selector valve on the blade angle circuit to run a ripper. If I remember right it was a small lever with the end bent 90 degrees that was between the seat and blade control lever. Pull it up for blade angle and push it down for ripper. If that valve was there it wouldn't be hard to plumb a hydraulic winch like are commonly used on fishing boats. I believe Gearmatic is a popular brand, just wouldn't have freespool unless you find the right one. I have no idea if the hydraulic requirements would be any where close.

milkie62

For occasional use on a smaller machine I might even look at 12 volt models .

Wow ! didn't realize they had so many units over 12,000 LB .:cool2 http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...red-winches+12-000-lb.-capacity-above-winches

Be handy in allot of ways with remote control cord , easy installation . Could even fabricate a pin on mount so it could be used on different vehicles & situations .

Possibilities are endless .;)

That is what I think I would rather do is go 12 volt instead of the pto or hydro

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Willie B, if your TD7G is like the ones I ran it has a selector valve on the blade angle circuit to run a ripper. If I remember right it was a small lever with the end bent 90 degrees that was between the seat and blade control lever. Pull it up for blade angle and push it down for ripper. If that valve was there it wouldn't be hard to plumb a hydraulic winch like are commonly used on fishing boats. I believe Gearmatic is a popular brand, just wouldn't have freespool unless you find the right one. I have no idea if the hydraulic requirements would be any where close.

I haven't been to it since your post. I'm sure there is no selector lever. I don't think it had a ripper, or any other accessories. I believe it was bought new by a gentleman who worked alone, it was a finish grader around house sites.

td25c

That is what I think I would rather do is go 12 volt instead of the pto or hydro

Yeah , I was surprised to see the 15,000 to 18,000 LB 12V models . Price was not bad either . I just have smaller 12V winches , 1,000 & 2,500 LB rating . I'm curious how the bigger units perform . I imagine with few snatch blocks & some rigging could get a smaller machine out of a jam .

Keep us posted , I really enjoy building & fabricating winch attachments & setups on equipment & trucks that make life go a little smoother on simple tasks & jobsites . :)

Hang on a second ......... Spotted this JD 350 with winch for sale in your neck of the woods . Might be worth a drive to take a look at it .
http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/11387597/deere-350

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
A: I'm married

B: I'm not a full time logger.

C: it is tempting. Don't they all use Detroit engines? Mufflers don't help those pigs. They can be heard 10 miles away.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
A: I'm married

B: I'm not a full time logger.

C: it is tempting. Don't they all use Detroit engines? Mufflers don't help those pigs. They can be heard 10 miles away.

Newer ones had a Cummins option. John Deere bought them up a number of years ago.