• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

fl5 oil pressure

ctkiteboarding

my fl5 has about 2200 hrs and runs strong, the oil pressure gauge upon start up reads strong but as the machine warms up maybe 20 mins of work the pressure drops abit :( still in the green but lower then id like to see if i keep the rpm's up it seems in a safe area but when i drop to idle its lower then id like :beatsme , machine seems to run strong, also after a full day of work its about 1/2 court down on oil:eek: the oil consumtion has always been like that ive owned it since 1996 its a 1989

ianoz

Try Another gauge, that shows PSI. . Ours had bad oil pressure by the gauge ,rebuilt the motor ,and it still showed the same lousy oil pressure . The fitter then put a real oil pressure gauge on it which then showed 30 PSI hot at an idle , where it hardly moved the needle on the original gauge . Ian .

ctkiteboarding

yes , i just got another gauge , the oem one is red then green:(, kinda vauge,,, it does work thou and reads much less pressure when hot at idle very very close to the red but well in the green upon start up

daman

Occupation
Agriculture,Truck Driver,Mechanic
Put a gauge that reads PSI and post back your numbers.

also what oil and filter are you running and how many hrs????

it's normal for pressures to drop off when at op temp