• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flail mower blades

Mobilewrench

I have three customers using flail mowers. The brands are brush hog, US mowers and... I forget. But the blades are all the same. 20230823_113453.jpg

Mobilewrench

The bolt hole is 1".
The last time I purchased replacements I was shocked to pay $30 a piece. Even more shocked because I was pretty dismayed to pay $20 a piece 2 months ago.
Anyone have a reasonable source for these?

Also, the bottom blade in the picture (the straight blade) used to be available in a blunt version. I kind of think that the blunt version was pretty effective at protecting the cutting (J blades) against rock strikes.

Welder Dave

I can't remember the name but there is a place that supplies aftermarket blades for most flail mowers.

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Maybe too late- but Rowmec Eqpt in Texas always gets mentioned in a FB group for mulching guys.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Try ASP, they are a Aussie outfit who sell a good product an I can recommend. The blades they sell are Spanish made from Boron steel. I just threw out their catalogue a few days ago as I have no further use for it. I ran their Y blades with the straight centre, about $30 a set IIRC, the spacer washers were extra.https://asproductsadv.webninjashops.com/

Last edited:

GManBart

Occupation
Work for the Citizens of the U.S.!
I've only bought blades for my flail once, but went with Flail-Master as they were the name that kept coming up on the tractor forums. They seem to have a lot of options listed.

fm