• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 555D 1996 Nasty Noise

Setteduke

Occupation
Sales
I have finally fixed all my hydraulic leaks! I went to move some #2 stone and filled the bucket, she couldn't lift the load. Machine didn't stall, just couldn't lift. I was able to back out and rotate the bucket to dump. When I went to move the machine it was making a high pitch whirring noise I have not heard before. I drove it 50 feet and parked it. Any idea on what might have happened? Also, my loader control is hard to move to raise and lower the bucket. Not sure if that tells anything. Thanks for any input. Hydraulic tank is full.

Delmer

No idea what happened. But I'd check the pump drive, and if you don't find anything obvious, then start it up again and see if you can figure out where the noise is coming from. If you've never greased the splined driveshaft on the pump, take the two big bolts out (3/4") and slide the pump forward and see if it's stripped out.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
perhaps some linkage came loose under your joystick? Maybe the spools in the loader bank are rusty from sitting?? Does the backhoe still work properly?