• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 555D Transmission Problems

Southernfly

I've got a 555D that won't operate in forward or reverse.

It started as an intermittent problem and I could normally get it into gear by moving the loader bucket. Then it finally quit.

Anyone had similar problems? Any ideas?

Thanks

Southernfly

I haven't looked at the filter. It doesn't appear to be leaking but I didn't take it off to see if there was any contamination.

The oil level is full. I haven't check the linkages.

Because the problem was off and on and could be corrected by wiggling the control lever for the bucket I thought it might be an electrical issue with the clutch disconnect switch. I tried to bypass the switch and still couldn't get it into gear.

The Ford service manual has you check all the electrical connections first so thats where I started. I didn't have time to get through all the troubleshooting but I was hoping someone might know if this is a common problem.

Matthew

Occupation
Carpenter
so did you ever have any luck with your problem, as I am now having the same with my 555

1080 bobcat

Occupation
self employed mechainc
it may be the trans shiftter control i seen them go bad and cause that problem

Matthew

Occupation
Carpenter
ill look in that direction... thank you. The stalling only happens when I run the loader end, I can hoe all day with no problems