• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 655c trans module test voltage maintenance manual typo?

Pipeliner825

Occupation
Operating Engineer
I need to test my trans module on a Ford 655c to troubleshoot a suspected wiring issue. My Ford/NH shop manual states a steady build of voltage for approx 1.5 -4 seconds and settling at a voltage of .5 to .6 volts. That had to be a typo, no?? I can see 5-6volts unless what I'm testing is something other than applied voltage to solenoids after the cushion pause? 5-6v even seems low for a 12v solenoid. I know how the module is supposed to work, cushioning the engagement of F or R clutches by a slow build in voltage, but I don't believe I'm getting full voltage to solenoids after the module does its thing. Before I pull the fuel tank I was wondering if someone knew the actual test point voltage? Also, I must have an aftermarket module since the test points on rear of module are different than the diagram in the book. Actually it's only one test point. The only other point on rear looks like the tops of capacitors. The whole circuit board is filled with resin except for the test point and the tops of what looks like 2 capacitors. I do get a voltage reading between test pin and top of capacitor. A build in V for approx 2.5 secs that settles at 4.6 volts. Guessing the top of capacitors acts like ground side for meter.
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited: