• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford alternator wiring schematic

Axle

Occupation
electronics tech
Ford 3G alternator.
75amp on the low side, 130 amp for the high, generally speaking. By 2001 it was probably 95 or 130amp.[if the ebay alternator, 95amp]

Big one I hope is self explanatory, Bat terminal, output stud.
I goes to a switched ignition source via the idiot light/500ohm reistor.
S is the stator wire, it jumps to the small square single connector on the side of the alternator.
A jumps to the bat terminal (12v constant).

Nice alternator for retrofits as well with lots of low rpm output. Small case units [physically] drop into place in passenger car 1G & 2G applications, and the large case 3G is a [physical] drop in for the 100amp externally regulated applications. Naturally some wiring will need to be addressed.
I had a 130 amp large case unit, it put out 97amps at idle, and managed to spit out 165amps when loaded down. Seriously thinking about retrofitting a small case unit into my 81 GMC just to get decent idle output.

Alex.

Attachments

• FordPlugCombo.jpg
    FordPlugCombo.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: