• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Foreign machines

ktm250rider

Looked at another used machine today. Kobelco 135 SR LC. NOticed that the readout on the computer was in French. Actually, I didnt realize it until i tried the A/C and saw the temp readout was in °C.
The company took the machine in on trade and didnt know much about it which is a concern for me. Id like to know some of the history of stuff i buy used. Am I just being paranoid or is having a foriegn machine a concern.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
could be from Quebec.

As far as i know, Kobelco builds a decent unit. If i'm not mistaken, they are japan built. As opposed to South Korea like most others.

mitch504

The Kobelcos I used have been very good. They are a division of Case-New Holland. There is probably a way to change the language on the display.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Degrees Celsius is actually how most of the rest of the world measures temperature.;) As for the monitor being in French it's probably got a feature to switch it over it's just a matter of pushing enough buttons till you find it. lol And if it's a Canadian machine you might have an easier time starting in cold weather and stay warmer inside of it. lol:)

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Last edited:

dayexco

OOO! I don't think so have a look here...

kobelco

sumitomo/case

this came right off kobelco's website.

Kobelco Construction Machinery America specializes in the production of compact, mid-size and full-size excavators ranging from 1.8 to 89 tons. The success of Kobelco Construction has been built on our dedication to total customer satisfaction. Backed by outstanding factory support and a network of nearly 200 North American dealers, customers count on Kobelco Construction for their competitive edge. Kobelco Construction Machinery America LLC is a joint venture between subsidiaries of CNH and Kobelco Construction Machinery.

the link

http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/aboutus/Pages/aboutus.aspx

mitch504

Hey Stock! Even the website you linked to showed kobelco case and fiat kobelco and a global agreement with CNH. The webpage Day sent us to says copyright CNH America in the bottom corner. (But it's allright I still won't rat you out to Mitchum Deodorant).

Seriously I was kinda glad to see I was wrong that they are not totally a subsidiary of CNH. I really like Kobelcos. Except that here they are serviced by our local New Holland dealer who is worthless.

zxa

Looked at another used machine today. Kobelco 135 SR LC. NOticed that the readout on the computer was in French. Actually, I didnt realize it until i tried the A/C and saw the temp readout was in °C.
The company took the machine in on trade and didnt know much about it which is a concern for me. Id like to know some of the history of stuff i buy used. Am I just being paranoid or is having a foriegn machine a concern.

yeah, it problably come from the quebec province here....to change the language display, you should check in your instruction manuel if you still have it of course, most if not all the compagny have 7/8 diffrent language!! on my doosan i have almost 10 language..lolll kobelco are nice digger..they japan made....

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
you can give me a call with your questions.
the display language can be switched.
when you call provide the serial number to ensure it is a supported north american model so you do not run into trouble getting parts or service.
Adam Fairchild, C.F.P.S.
Parts & Service Manager
Robert Green Equipment Sales Ltd.
41 Cardico Drive, P.O. Box 128
Gormley, Ontario
Canada L0H 1G0
ph: (905) 888-9070
fax: (905) 888-9013
mobile: (416) 896-2442
home: (905) 697-9626
primary e-mail: [email protected]
secondary e-mail: [email protected]
KOBELCO & MDI/YUTANI CUSTOMER ONLINE PARTS CATALOG: https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php

ejb

Occupation
retired coal miner
just jump in, i have been working on an akerman h12b & i have no parts or sevie manual and i just go on the net try to find parts. we got this excavtor for a good price & i like taking nothing & turning it into something. it seams that there are not very many of these machines around, but it runs good . have got it gutted now, cleaning the radiater & hydrualic oil cooler. ordered a parts book, but it has'nt come . it looks like we got a good machine & so far so goog. good luck. ejb