• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Friendly New Guy

LittleDirty

Occupation
Head Gofer
Greetings from East Texas!

I am new to this site, new to the excavating business, and just a Little Dirty!

I have had a number of jobs, two careers, and am now starting my third. I have joined a couple of friends in their existing excavating business and hope to learn as much as possible about the business and equipment.

I have always tinkered with equipment, having been taught by my Dad back in the early Iron Age when points and condensers were the standard and upgrading electronics meant a new battery!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I restore old hand tools, I'm into old tractors, odd mechanical devices, fine wines, horses, and everything firearms related (that way I can protect all of the other things...).

Please bear with me as I wander the halls, occasionally bumping into things, and mumbling about the lack of good coffee.:D

Ed

Last edited:

Bagswa51

Occupation
Ag.
Hey, Little Dirty,
Kindred spirit I think.........tinkerer here too........and yes points and condensers....still have the old dwell meter!!! I have a '55 JD40 crawler, 4 roller, a whopping 22hp!. A 50' Willys CJ3A that is fully functional and loads of fun......Best day....when the Case 580B went down the road for the last time!!! Worst day; when I bought it! LOL!!!

If its wood or metal I LIKE IT!!!

Take care, this is a great site; so much knowledge and great experiences.....you can spend hrs on these pages!....