• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

From wrenching to operating, looking for a career change

Mikefromcny

Occupation
Mechanic
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a mechanic/assembler at my current job. I've been doing it for 8 years, time for something else. I currently own a TLB, skid steer, track loader, skip loader and a compact tractor. I currently take on small land clearing and landscaping jobs for a few bucks on the side, I've been doing it for 4 years now, I get a little busier each summer. In the spring I plan on applying at all the local contractors, road construction, site development type places. Not looking to be hired as an owner/operator but just an operator. I dont have an "operators" license or a cdl. Working with a friend to get my cdl though. Looking for any advice you guys may have to offer someone in my position.