• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Front driveshaft needed

ianjoub

Where would one look to find a replacement front driveshaft for an A30C SN: A30CV2379. Mine was removed at some point. I am thinking used complete with u joints.

To be clear, driveshaft going from trans/transfer case to front pumpkin.

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Hi Ianjoub so you are looking for a complete propshaft, alot of people won't sell them good used anymore, because if they let go after a few weeks, you're going to be screaming and when they go they tend to take something else out with them which will cost even more, I don't know what they cost new over there but over here they are less than £1000 for a brand new one

Vetech63

Hi Ianjoub so you are looking for a complete propshaft, alot of people won't sell them good used anymore, because if they let go after a few weeks, you're going to be screaming and when they go they tend to take something else out with them which will cost even more, I don't know what they cost new over there but over here they are less than £1000 for a brand new one
He can afford that...........he has a Ferrari! :p

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
While you’re trying to save a few $$ on a used drive shaft just bear in mind that if this thing lets go you could be in for a front diff and/or a transmission transfer case. Either of those components would swallow up whatever you saved by buying a used drive shaft 100 times over. My 2c. YMMV.

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
So to add to what I put earlier and add to Nigel and truck shop have intimated at
The A30C is a very solid and robust truck, so much so that we don't tend to sell half of much parts wise for these old girls compared to the A25C 's of the same age, with that though comes the caveat, when something does go wrong it goes WRONG.
These trucks are primarily 6x4 ( front two axles ) that you then make 6x6 with the longitudinal diff lock, then you can lock the front diff only in 6x4 or 6x6, then the final "oh schit i'm really stuck" is the button on the floor to lock everything, so to remove the front prop something has probably gone quite wrong as they have removed drive to a pair of the primary wheels, personally I'd be checking the front diff then the planetary caps to make sure all the components are there, I don't think the drop box is an issue as you obviously have drive to the rear axles, OR everything could be ok and someone just wanted the front propshaft maybe.