• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel issue (?) with late 1980s Case 580K

Durango Tom

580K runs perfectly until it shuts down and won't start for several hours. Then it starts, runs, and again stalls. It runs great at normal operating rpm but shuts down at low rpm (700-800), I wait overnight, restart. I changed all fuel filters and air filter. Added Lucas Oil "fuel line de-clogger" then topped off fuel. All of this helped but didn't solve my problem. Fuel in my bulk tank is good--no water, not gelled. Bulk tank has a filter. Fuel in 580K tank has no water, no gel. Bulk fuel was last delivered by reliable vendor in August 2023 (red diesel). Any/all thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
I had to replace the fuel line on my 580k . It was a long time ago and all I can remember is the line was weeping and at the time I thought it may be getting air in it ( I think ) . I do remember the protection on the exterior of the line was wet but not dripping fuel .

clueless2

A defective fuel shut-off solenoid on the injection pump may be the problem.
Your description indicates the 12 volt power supply to it may have an intermittent problem.