• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Future 99 Corridor

millertime778

Occupation
Vice President- City Hill Construction Inc.
I may be traveling through there in a few weeks so i will have to get some pics. Im sure they will be in full force by then.

ragerider

Occupation
pipeliner!!!!
Nice pics!!!

Does anyone clean out their undercarriage on that job?

Thats funny and no nobody cleans there undercarriages when I worked for them it was all about production if your working 10 hrs a day you start pushing dirt at 7 and stop at exactly 5:30 no time to clean well get it later thats what the foreman told me! They move alot of dirt I was running an 8r trying to put in 1' lifts they were hauling with 777's and if you stop to pee you would have to work like crazy to catch up push in 2nd back up in third yes hard on undercarriages but wow did we move dirt!

ts-24 frank

Occupation
retired trucker-part time bus driver
great pix guys i am going up close to there over thanks giving, i will try to ck out.thanks ts-24 frank

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
ts-24 frank if your going there to see equipment there is not much left on job . new road is getting guide rails and is going to open i think nov. 9th

ts-24 frank

Occupation
pacattech; thanks for the info wont bother with that one i am going to ck out several other job sites, thanks for the heads up. ts-24 frank

9420pullpan

Up at the border of PA and NY there is another 5110, along with another big good size hoe possibly 345/365. Not sure of the contractor. Looks like the 5110 was recently put together. Didn't get a chance to get any pics.

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
man pullpan you have some special radar to find these machines so fast we just got done putting it together wensday. the contractor is Cold Springs same one that had the last 5110 on 99 job near mansfield they bought this one they are renting flete of 773s from us they are arriving next week the other hoe on job is 385 . this 5110 has been my baby since late October was my winter project. customer had us do ton of work to it . we replaced all the high pressure hoses , rebulit swing drives I rebuilt engine, replace all the hydraulic pumps . tons of other stuff .including painting .I have some stuff to finish up on it next week .found broken track link. I have tons of pics here are just a couple

Attachments

• IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,127
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,126
  • IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,083
  • HPIM0037.JPG
    HPIM0037.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,122
  • HPIM0042.JPG
    HPIM0042.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,094

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
one more All Done more to follow when I get time

That one big dog! you have done some nice work there all be it what we would call donkey (heavy) work too.well done.:notworthy:notworthy

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Nice work PAtech. Which CB office do you work out of? Is that Turnbull's 5110? Please keep postin photos.

9420pullpan

Nice work PAtech. Which CB office do you work out of? Is that Turnbull's 5110? Please keep postin photos.

Trumbell's 5110 is in West Virginia on another big road job along with all of the trucks.

The one from Cold Springs is a beautiful looking machine, maybe one of these days ill get up there and get some pics of it in action.

hicrop10

Occupation
Contractor(earthmover)
PAcattech,they are some nice pic.We brought the 5110 that Cold Spring had up on the Manfields job.That was back in 2002 i think.We took it to Delaware and then to Lancaster PA,Then we sold it and it went toSouth America.We worked on a part of the 99 job back in 1990,down around Altona PA.Our company was Thomas M Durkin out of Phila.We have dealt with Cleveland Bros alot over the years.I think they about as good as a dealer there is.Keep the pic comming,I was up past that job this past summer.Mike Durkin

rino1494

I really need to get up there. I saw the 5110 back when I was going to school at Mansfield. Spent many times watching Hawbaker running through Blossburg and Covington.

ts-24 frank

Occupation
great pix guys, cant wait for the good weather to come back and see these beauties come back to life ( poetry in motion ) ts-24frank.

bigdig

Occupation
part time contractor/landscaper
5110B Sighting

PAcattech,
You did an outstanding job on that 5110B. This is an awesome machine. You must be very proud. It looks brand new. I pass threw their occasionally, and couldn't help stopping to take a few pictures.
Its to bad Cat stopped building these these machines. They probably would have been upgraded to a C or D series by now. When you look at the size and scope of civil projects being done around the world, it seems like a 140 ton machine like this would make good economic sense.

Attachments

• DSC_0001 (Large) (2).jpg
    DSC_0001 (Large) (2).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 973
  • DSC_0008 (Large).jpg
    DSC_0008 (Large).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 951
  • DSC_0010 (Large).jpg
    DSC_0010 (Large).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 956
  • DSC_0040 (Large).jpg
    DSC_0040 (Large).jpg