• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Future 99 Corridor

kokosing

Occupation
assistant manager/operator for a lumber reload yar
Just made my last trip to Harrisburg PA this past weekend, looks like there's going to be a large project starting just north of Williamsport on RT15 and then another just south of Williamsport past the Little League World Series. Saw a new CAT 336E, CAT D8T, Case excavator, a skidder, a couple Prentice mulchers and a Komatsu excavator with a grapple. The job north was just a bunch of support equipment, setting jersey barriers and paving crossovers.

Can anyone possibly keep an update of these? They're literally 20 mins from each other.

Also the Cold Springs Job is back kicking, the 5110 & 385 were parked by the staging area, along with a D8T and other equipment. Looks like they're going to start laying some concrete for the roadway, and still have a lot of work to do there.

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
Dont get to excited kokosing they arnt very big jobs. job just north of williamsport on Rte 15 is concrete replacement . just south of Williamsport on 15 they are removing the steel retaining wall at the look out and cutting back the mountain side so the road can be made wider on the curve lot of bad car chrashes happen there. and the 5110 and 385 are done at cold springs I was told last week they are for sale dirts pretty much move at Cold Springs job

bigshow

Cold spring just got the second phase of that job, bridges and rehabilitation of the old NY15. Concrete paving is slated to begin mid to late may.

kokosing

Occupation
Dont get to excited kokosing they arnt very big jobs. job just north of williamsport on Rte 15 is concrete replacement . just south of Williamsport on 15 they are removing the steel retaining wall at the look out and cutting back the mountain side so the road can be made wider on the curve lot of bad car chrashes happen there. and the 5110 and 385 are done at cold springs I was told last week they are for sale dirts pretty much move at Cold Springs job

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. That curve was pretty wicked there, good thing they are reconstructing it. I can't believe that's all they're doing is just concrete replacement, figuring they were doing more than that.

Does anyone know where Cold Spring is headed next? The 5110 and the 385 are both for sale also? That must mean that there isn't anything big coming up soon.

bigshow

No major dirt work in the forecast, smaller road and bridge rehab work is about all NY state can afford. CSCC has a job at Darien lake, finishing I-86 coopers plains, I-99/rt.15, about a dozen bridge jobs throughout the state, and finishing up I-90 from exits 39 to 40.

The virgin dirt in our overly taxed state is done for the most part, it's all rehabs, and mill/fill work from here on out, if you want to see big iron this isn't the place for it, sorry.

kokosing

Occupation
Any updates on the Presho job? What's going on down there?