• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

G188D fuel pump timing

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
You’ll save yourself a ton of headache if u just buy a pop tester off Ebay.. it comes w the 2 most popular line sizes but neither one will fit a pencil injector..
U HAVE TO buy a line for your engine & cut it up for the correct size end to fit the injector...
THEN, u have to find a nut & ferrule to fit the pop tester..
The tester is a little over 100.00..
And the line is about 50.00... then the nuts and ferrule and finding someone that can BRAZE them together..
It might be easier to just buy 4 injectors.??

Anthony Friot

Many people just buy what they need. I'm not just about the result. I like the journey. I enjoy the challenges and try to reap the rewards, though I have to admit are sometimes hard to see or understand. Life is what we make it, not what we obtain from it.

Besides, I have access to two portable frame straighteners. One has a pump that has seized and is ripe for re-purposing. I have a lathe, mill, welder, torches and a desire to use them. All I need is a, gauge, double flare tool (I own one, but for the life of me I don't know where all the pieces are) and some tubing. I saw a wonderful setup on Youtube which I could use some of its features. Also, if I acquire more diesels, it could be a handy tool to have at my disposal.