• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion T500A grader hi-low range shifting problem

Cablespinner

I recently purchased a Galion T500A grader and the hi-low range shifting cable was stuck. I removed it from the shift linkage on the transmission and shifted it into hi range by hand to get it home. Now that I have bought a new shift cable I can't get it to fully engage into low range. It lacks about 1/4 inch going all the way in. Anyone have thoughts as to what the problem is?

Thanks,

Cablespinner

8V71

Usually the power transmission cables have lots of adjustment on them and the linkage that it connects to itself usually has some sort of adjustment (not always). If the adjustments can’t fix it,the cable may have been made incorrectly.