• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion T500C blade

KTRasch

Occupation
Retired
I'm trying to find what filter number is required for the transmission on this motor grader so I can track one down. I have a trans issue that I suspect could be resolved with a filter.
My local Komatsu dealer parts guy looks like a deer in the headlights on this.

KTRasch

Occupation
Retired
I changed the filter, still having an issue.

The machine runs well in all gears as well as forward and reverse, but after a half hour or so it will gradually start to not pull / slip but I can stop for a few minutes and it will go again but then will do the same thing over again. Does the same in all gears. If I run it at half throttle it seems to do better. Wonder if the charge pump is the problem, maybe the torque converter.

Unfortunately I do not have a manual for this machine.

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
Plain hyd oil will cause this very thing. Several jobs back we had a T-500C and I always ran type F ATF in it. You may need to check the neutralizer and see if pressure is building in the cylinder and putting the machine in neutral on you.