• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GEHL 603 mini ex opinions?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached may throw some light onto your search, some connection with Yanmar also.
Kind regards
Uffex
1709824547895.png

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Best if you can show some images of the Gehl, asking price, and hours. Are you a heavy equipment mechanic?

Rys

Its a 2006 603. Hours unknown.
Asking 18 k.
I'm not a mechanic by trade but know enough to get by of necessity. Screenshot_20240307_111118_Facebook.jpg

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Looks very used, likely 6000 hours or so. Does everything work? What do you plan on using it for when you get it? What is loose, leaking, needs repair, etc before you use it. Any service records and history?

Rys

I'm probably going to go look at it tomorrow.
My biggest concern is not being familiar with the brand. Theyre not common around here. I'm worried parts might be hard to come by.

I'm looking for a machine to use around my property.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
The good news is it's not super old, Gehl is still a good brand, and the price is super low. Are you sure the seller is not a scam? The best brands for a mini excavator used are likely Kubota, Takeuchi, Deere, and Cat. Maybe also Hitachi, Kobelco, and Komatsu. At 18K, is the engine smoking, hard to start etc?
Most good used machines run in the $40K-65K range with 2000-3500 hours. Parts are hard to get from Gehl, but it depends on which ones. If this is a machine you are going keep a long time, spend more money and get a better name brand. If you just need a machine for a couple of years and likely for just a few hundred hours, you might be able to get by with a bit loose, and leaky machine etc. Make sure the seller is not a scam, and don't transfer any money until you've seen it in person etc.