• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie 34/20

Case580D

Hi all,
I have a 2015 TZ 34/20, the secondary boom will not raise with two persons. With one person it just seems slow. Also, when it is very hot outside, the secondary goes up even more slowly with only one person in the basket, getting progressivly weaker near the height limit. The primary boom seems normal (faster), but I have zero experience using boom lifts. Any Ideas where I might start? I recently bought it and replaced a leaky hyd manifold, fluid and all batteries. It's an ex-rental company lift, in fairly good shape otherwise.
Thanks in advance for any help!

SR-71

Assuming the hydraulic cylinder in question and its associated hoses have no leaks, it could be either the hydraulic pump not working to full capacity, or perhaps air needs to be bleed out of the system.

Case580D

Hi, thanks for the reply,
That's what I keep thinking, that it might be the pump. I'll check out the air in system, that's a good idea.

Zewnten

Check the relief valve first, should get 3500? Psi stalled all the way up. If not try turning the valve in to increase the pressure. If it won’t increase it could be the valve or the pump itself.

How much weight between the two guys and their equipment are you trying to lift?

Case580D

Thank you for your help. It seems to be worse when hot or cold. Yesterday morning it wouldn’t lift one person, it was right at freezing outside. The primary boom was barely working as well. Combined weight of 350 lbs. between two guys. I’m slammed at work and unable to work on it right now, but will check the relief valve pressure. This lift is all new to me so I appreciate all the help and direction here!