• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie 34/22

Chewie2105

hi just wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts on this, have a genie articulating boom with a Kubota gas engine.

thing is a thorn in my side, got in this morning and kept dying on our delivery driver, and acting weird, platform controls wouldn't work, sometimes it wouldn't start they threw a charger on it and waited for me, I got here and everything seems to work fine on it

other then high drive range, if it is in high range it will not start moving, if you start in low and kick it into high range it works great. it used to work great in high range prior to this latest rental. From looking at the manuals on genies website it looks like the high low valve controls a swash plate line for the motors, ( suspect this valve as random that would be affecting all 4 motors suddenly)

of course happens the day before holidays and no one else to look at this popular unit. any thoughts would be appreciated

worst part is this unit came back to the shop because a torque hub cover was leaking (the free wheel pin hole has a bit of damage and genie doesn't list a replacement cover, only complete motor)