• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie z25/45 Basket Rotation Stuck

MitchellR

Hello, I'm working on a Genie z25/45. When using the basket rotation switch, sometimes the basket would rotate all the way to the right, and I then would not be able to rotate it back to the left at all. Every now and again I would start it and it would almost magically move back to the left if I tried it. Then the next time It wouldn't work again. This is an issue from the basket as well as from the ground controls. I can see the hoses flex with pressure when I work the switch. I figured it was an issue with the counterbalance valves on the rotator at the basket, so I installed new ones. It did not make a difference. Any ideas? Does not seem to be electrical since I'm getting good response from the motor bog and flex of the hoses.

tyreltyrel

It might be the solenoid or valve at the jib/platform rotator manifold. Does the jib up/down function work? Genie does provide manuals for free on their website. I advise that you take them with a grain of salt and apply your own logic. The manuals are mostly, but not always correct or have the information you might need.

MitchellR

In case anyone else comes across this, both counter balance valves were plugged with crap, as well as 2 orings were broken in the stem up near the controls on the machine.