• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genni Lift starting problems

Newfiedan

Occupation
Product Service manager for saskachtewan
check your engine and chassis ground wires, I have seen this type of thing with a crappy engine ground, short of that you can use gcp display and connect to the diagnostic connector to see what the engine is seeing for sensor and what not.

Newfiedan

Occupation
Gcp display is the diagnostic software for ford engines there will be either a 4 pin black connector or a white one up by the heat shield for the muffler. That is where you connect and there are passwords required for the software. You can get the kit from genie or jlg for it. The genie kit is a little cheaper. The lrg was known for a fee issues with electrical depending on what version of computer you have. Also they are susceptible to vac leaks. The easiest way to determine if it's a fuel delivery issue it switch from gas to propane and see if it runs better on one over the other. Spark signals are taken off the crank sensor and cam determines injector firing depending on if yours is efi or not. Also there are 2 coolant sensors usually I can check the manual to be sure. I have the service manual for the ford lrg and lrg efi engines and can email them to you. Be mindful of coolant level and oil pressure with this engine those are the 2 shut down switches it looks for when running. A high coolant temp sensor reading will flood the engine. Weak spark and other issues are frequently caused by a ****** engine ground as the ecm takes its ground off the engine. You should have a series of numbers and letters on your ecm if you tell me what they are I can get you the proper pdf manual.

driveshed

Hi Newfiedan
the number that is on the DIS module Is F5JL-12A297-DA. the engine I have is Model LRG4231-6007-B. the machine serial # is Z-45-003938
if you need anything else let me know, I don't see a plug near the heat shield

Newfiedan

Occupation
It may be zip tied in there making it hard to see. You have the updated ford ecm. So you should have the round white plug for a diagnostic connector. I can email you the ford service manual as for the unit service manual you can get it for free off the genie website if you can't find it I can send that to you as well. I have 8 yrs experience with rental of booms and what not and dealt with potash which eats electrical lol. Not much I have not seen.