• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Getting CCO certified?

w1ia

Occupation
semi-retired
Excellent tips Crane Op....I am sure they will work me into picks of this size. I don't expect to be making these picks fresh out of the gate. I plan on taking the Op manual home and read it thoroughly. I am the fastidious type and like to know everything about the machine well before I pull levers or road the machine.I can't even begin to imagine what the cost of this new GMK was; and I don't want to have a short career by breaking the machine or hurting anyone. I take this business VERY seriously. I think anyone who is in this trade may think the same way. I am also a private pilot and equate running a crane too doing a pre-flight on a plane. Inspecting the site (flight plan)for access and to making sure the equipment is in perfect working order before the load leaves the ground. I meet with the owner tomorrow...if things work out I will be able share my experiences with vets like yourself.

Brent
Derry, NH

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
ive set many house's 32000lbs at 35-40 feet with an 80T truck mount.. old grove..very old.....everything mentioned as above ..

walk the route first ..mention to the customer that the roads are somewhat unfavorable..if they are ..

the new GMK's ..will lift the suspension once your outriggers are out ..always nice to rid pressure of the suspension before locking and getting up on jacks