• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Giving warranty on used equipment

Welder Dave

I do have a short box. I have a really cheap engine crane but it leaks down pretty fast. I don't have room for it but wouldn't really trust it anyway.

Welder Dave

After sending pics. of the plug and name plate showing the input power requirements, his electrician said it will work on the same 50 amp box as his dead Thunderbolt. I knew it would but if he wanted to check to make sure good on him. Wouldn't be good if it wouldn't work in his shop. He texted me this morning he wants the welder. Fantastic!
Moving it from my truck to his is the only issue but I had a brainstorm... or a brain fart. I was thinking I could call a farm store in the city we'd meet in advance and see if they could pick it up with their forklift and transfer it? It would sure make it a lot easier. I guess it would depend on if the manager of the farm store is a nice guy or not. Does this sound like a good idea? If not another idea I had was to take my skid steer to pick it up but that's kind of extreme. The other thing is I should get him to bring cash. Then there's no issues with him taking it.

Welder Dave

It is on wheels that I think makes it easier. Some thick plywood or maybe planks could work but I can't see a tractor dealer having a problem to move it if asked politely. I think we could move ourselves though. Nice to have a back up plan though.

oarwhat

I think you're making to big a deal moving this thing. Back the trucks tailgate to tailgate. Put down some thinner plywood or metal across the tailgates and roll it across. Use a 2X4 to pry it and not damage the beds. It's only 400# so 100# on each wheel. Tailgates will hold it up just fine. Ever see two or three big guys sitting on a gate. That's 500# easy.

Welder Dave

He's in a dually so it's a bunch higher. I'll probably have to leave my tailgate down and have the plywood sticking out some. I have a short box with a slip tank in it. There is a hardware store close to where I'm meeting him so I think it would be good to have a plan b.