• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Golf Course Tools

Northart

Here's some equipment used in Golf Course building.

A Hydraulic Box Blade on wheels. Used to cut and spread thin fills. Shaping in Golf talk.

And a Barber Turf Rake, which is a stone , root, debris, picker, with a dump box. Usually pulled by a Farm 4 wheel drive tractor.PTO driven. Prepares the topsoil for seeding.

The box dumps high so it can be dumped into a truck also, or at the edge of a waste area.

http://www.hbarber.com/StonePickers/TurfRake/HowItWorks.aspx

Attachments

• Golf Course a.jpg
    Golf Course a.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 686
  • Golf Course b.jpg
    Golf Course b.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 684

Turbo21835

Pretty interesting part of the business. Ive always said id like to work with a golf course builder for a while. That being said, Northart, is there enough time to golf between winter, and winter? After all, you live in the great white north

tylermckee

Pretty interesting part of the business. Ive always said id like to work with a golf course builder for a while. That being said, Northart, is there enough time to golf between winter, and winter? After all, you live in the great white north

I'm sure there is lots of time in the summer, seeing as you can golf at midnight.

Northart

Golf Course ?

Hello Deere and Turbo,

Took 2 1/2- 3 years to build . '98-'99 time frame . For the US Army, Ft Richardson, Moose Run Golf Course. Anchorage , Alaska. Heavily wooded area. Ship Creek run through the middle of it. 2 golf cart suspension bridges were built over it. Major HDP irrigation lines were installed .

Took quite an effort. Challenging work. Abundant wildlife at the time, Bear, Moose , Wolves. Yes wolves, I seen them myself right smack in the Anchorage Urban Bowl. Of course the Military Reservation is thousands of acres.

The 11th hole wolves were crisscrossing many times while under construction. 3rd hole was a favorite for Black bears crossing. 4th hole was a major Moose area. Damn Moose just tore up our work all the time , worse than a herd of range cattle.

Anyway, I enjoyed my time there, learned a lot :) about something else . I kept wanting to get a grader in there.:( They said everthing is rolling, no flat areas.

The professional shapers were from California and Hawaii. The Architects dunno. Took awhile to figure out the requirements, for us new guys. Then I actually got good, really good, and was invited to join the business.

Ah ! Kinda late in life for me to start roaming around the country, much like a pipeliner. Following the work.

The workers were a special breed , that is all they done. And they were damn good. Lot of creativity involved.:)

headwrench

Occupation
mechanic for agriscape golf course construction
who did the finish work northart i work for a golf course construction company currently building in maine new hampshire and florida just curious who did the work