• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Good Chinese companies to buy mini excavator?

grachman

I have hard time navigating Alibaba and very few reviews.looking for 3.5 ton no name Chinese excavator. There is company called cael in Canada that imports these machines but charge $32k plus tax when factory charges $13k plus customs,etc. These machines don't seem to have model numbers or brands so how do u get parts? Engine is Kubota and hydraulics is Eaton. Prices in cdn dollars.

crane operator

You can read through this thread, he bought several machines at once.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
What are you intending to use the machine for?

. These machines don't seem to have model numbers or brands so how do u get parts?

How much patience, money, time, mechanical skill and fabrication capabilities do you have? The answers to those questions will determine the cost and availability of spare parts.

Like Craneop suggested - take a look at that thread.

grachman

I thought more Americans bought these machines. Guinea pig didn't do any research and paid too much.

grachman

You were surprised by the extra fees. You had no idea if the supplier would help when problems occurred hinting that u did not do due diligence. You have no idea if you can get spare parts. You did not check that all nuts were tight. You should have bought one machine at a time to test the supplier. When you get cataract surgery, you get one eye done at a time. Most people don't do proper due diligence but you openly admitted it. Seemed like you paid too much to supplier for machines. Maybe the supplier has better quality/reputation than the suppliers charging less.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
You were surprised by the extra fees. You had no idea if the supplier would help when problems occurred hinting that u did not do due diligence. You have no idea if you can get spare parts. You did not check that all nuts were tight. You should have bought one machine at a time to test the supplier. When you get cataract surgery, you get one eye done at a time. Most people don't do proper due diligence but you openly admitted it. Seemed like you paid too much to supplier for machines. Maybe the supplier has better quality/reputation than the suppliers charging less.

The majority of your posts here on HEF pertain to equipment importing, tariffs, equipment registration requirements, buying equipment in other countries and other such questions.

Are you an import/export equipment dealer or affiliated with one?

crane operator

On the other hand, ianjoub actually shelled out his money, He actually has the machines, is sorting out the issues that come with all cheap chinese knock off machines, and is moving dirt.

You however, are just saying he "paid too much" blah blah blah. But he's thrown his chips on the table.

You could research forever and all the chinese sellers will extoll the virtues of their machines "just like CAT, Kubota etc- at half the price". Whatever- they are all liars, and a lot of them are here today and gone tomorrow- so I'm not sure what good a bunch of research is- half the companies you looked at two years ago may be gone.

I personally would buy older domestic production equipment vs. new chinese crap- but that's my personal hang up about the chinese. A country dedicated to the destruction of freedom gets as little of my money as possible.

But for what ianjoub wants to do- he's just working personal stuff and the time means nothing (if its down for 6 weeks- he's not out a contract)- I can see why he would buy what he did,

Buy whatever you want and tell us how it goes. Get in the ring.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)

This is cael assembly in Canada. No safety shoes etc.
What has the assembler not wearing safety shoes, or other equipment dedicated to personal safety got to do with finished product quality? I've seen some damned good work come from personal owned garages and shops bypassing all the govt. mandated garbage plenty. I may even partake in some of that activity from time to time although I've worn safety toed boots since middle school. Was even married in a greasy pair as they went so nicely with my new black Tee shirt and blue jeans as I "spiffed up" for the wedding.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
They use Kubota engines and assemble in Canada. I'm not paying Canadian wages for a Chinese excavator
Isn't it your prerogative to not patronize them citing your desires? Why voice your opposition here as it doesn't seem to serve much purpose except your own agenda possibly? You are seemingly bitter about something with this process yet have expended nothing but time proving you have no desire to patronize them.

Use your good judgement and move to another vendor providing the goods, or services at a cost you are comfortable with. Doesn't that seem a logical forward momentum and put this one to rest?

grachman

I honestly don't comprehend any of the responses in this thread. I'm prolly buying a 3.5 ton excavator from cael for $32k cdn. Seems to be shortage of mini excavator in Canada. Could get vio305b for $32kcdn with 4000 hrs but very rusty. It's being sold by a dealer.