• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Google drive

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day folks
It appeared to me that Google was abandoning the subscribers provision of the 15Gb drive space or have I misunderstood those warning mails??

NelsonL

I haven't got an email about them canceling anything. Could you copy/paste part of the email you got? I have a ton of stuff on mine

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day nelson
I have unfortunately deleted those mails and emptied the trash can so I cannot send a copy, my understanding was that Google were to terminate the free 15Gb drive they had provided to subscribers free and opted for a new service which subscribers had to contribute. This was supposed to happen last month but my drive is still there and running ? I attach a article I found on the net which is similar to those mails.
I am hoping that I have misinterpreted what the statement point out
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Google Is Replacing the Desktop Google Drive App With Two New Apps - ExtremeTech.pdf
    439.3 KB · Views: 3

oceanobob

Occupation
general contractor
Thinking that Google Drive is different subject than the message which is about Google+ ??

Here is possibly the email:
Save your Google+ content before March 31, 2019
You’ve received this email because you have content in Google+ for your personal (consumer) account or a Google+page you manage.
This is a reminder that on April 2, 2019 we’re shutting down consumer Google+ and will begin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts. Photos and videos from Google+ in your Album Archive and your Google+ pages will also be deleted.

Downloading your Google+ content may take time, so get started before March 31, 2019.
No other Google products (such as Gmail, Google Photos, Google Drive, YouTube) will be shut down as part of the consumer Google+ shutdown, and the Google Account you use to sign in to these services will remain. Note that photos and videos already backed up in Google Photos will not be deleted.
For more information, see the full Google+ shutdown
FAQ.
From all of us on the Google+ team, thank you for making Google+ such a special place.
Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google+Page, product or account.

Found this summary description from Wikipedia:
Google+ was an Internet-based social network owned and operated by Google. The network was launched on June 28, 2011 in the attempt to challenge other social networks and for a time linked other Google products like Blogger and YouTube.

L8R

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Yes Oceanbob you are spot on that is the mail I was referring to, so I have misunderstood this refers to Google + and not the normal google ?
KR
Uffex