• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grader attachments for skid loader

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have the BC version of this (96" version) which is really a good grader attachment. Can it cut like a self propelled version, no I don't see that. It can move placed material very well but not to the capacity of a self propelled version. Cutting virgin soil is more difficult, your cuts have to be more shallow. Sometimes the front of the grader will pop up. I have considered making a rack to hold tractor weights to keep the front end down. It takes a lot power to run if your cutting virgin soil. Your CTL ideally needs to be at the highest end of the size spectrum. It takes power and weight to make the most of it. Granted if your taking shallow cuts the power need is not as great, all depends on how much and how fast you want to get things done. All that said I really like the attachment and it does what I need it to do, maybe just not as fast. I bought it instead of a compact Grader, I just couldn't justify the price of one of those, so I did this. I think the best version of this attachment is the Smart Grade version, which came out relatively recently. Very heavy duty and well built, just dam expensive. All of these can be set up for 2D and 3D pretty easily.

IceHole

I picked up a Huber maintainer for ~$5k and it works ok, but certainly can't cut roads or a packed driveway.
I put almost 400 gallons of antifreeze in the tires a couple weeks ago to help. Not sure what the machine weighs, but the antifreeze was about 3000lbs.

Similar to this one but mine has the balloon "turf" tires for the drives.