• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gravity Sewer

IC1

Charter Member
How many of you guys concentrate primarily on water/sewer. I am new to the business and looking to possible just specialize in this area, leaving the road work and grading to others more suited to that work.

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
Hey ,welcome to the site !!

I'm predominately in the roadbuilding/earthmoving side of things now ,but my father was a underground ( water/sewer ) Foreman for over thirty five years and I got to know some through that .I also spent a lot of my youth going with him to work ( weekends/summers ) until I turned fourteen and started earning a paycheck for doing the work he had me doing anyway . I did everything from backfilling to being a copperman and putting in house services ( water/sewer/storm lines ) . Don't know too much about the business of it today , but am willing to share what I do know or remember . Good luck in your new endeavor ,

Rob