• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Groenveld auto greaser dealer???

Questionable wizard

Anyone recommend a dealer which will
A: sell a uninstalled system for an excavator (we install it-this isn't rocket science-read thru the Groeneveld manual)
B: Not screw us on price.
First couple of quotes installed were $8700-11,000. Neither willing to sell uninstalled systems.
Nearby mechanic of a larger fleet here in Ohio thought they were paying $4-5K + $100/fitting installed from the same dealer.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
To the OP. Put yourself in their position. They sell an uninstalled system but then when something goes wrong with it it's their fault. Just trying to play Devil's Advocate here.
The excavator you're looking at installing the system. Not a Cat by any chance..?

Questionable wizard

This is for a JD 380G. Dealer could add a Lincoln for big $$$(similar to Groeneveld). Neighboring mechanic says they have poor support from Lincoln(no information is divulged-they can send a tech out for a price). In my opinion(based on the fact I sell and install tire inflation systems-something different), these companies charge a high price just because they can. Tireboss out of Edmonton and PTG out of Germany are exactly this way. Their excuse is, everything in their systems is proprietory. Tireboss got themselves in trouble as some of their installers were caught in the middle between customers and manufacturer, they came up with their own competing system, a copy/improved version of Tireboss for a lower price. We have two Groeneveld systems on haul trucks and like them.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Cat use both Groneveld and Lincoln depending on the product line. I’ve never had any trouble getting technical info on either make. Groneveld info is well-covered on SIS, For Lincoln I just call their number (St Louis.?) and they will email whatever data I ask for.

NelsonL

Company I used to work for got the Lincoln auto-greasers for under $6k and we installed them ourselves.

F-MSHA

There's a company out here in Houston called QPC. I see their stuff everywhere, and their installs look rock solid. I think they sell kits.