• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grousers on loaders

zhkent

Occupation
Earthmoving
I'd like some opinions on high flotation loaders with dozer grousers.
Are they out there?
I don't have a smaller dozer or a loader and wondered if a track loader rigged up right will work.
One of the jobs for it would be to shove muck to the 330 when I clean out ponds. It's downhill pushing, I normally dig a pit for the mud to run into. Backing back up to get another load is where the flotation and traction is needed. And the width of a bucket compared to a dozer blade won't help either.
Maybe a quick attach wide blade?
The loader would offer greater utility for other uses would be it's main advantage.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Company in Mo. that i use to work for used grousers on ther loaders and they worked good.They was doing a lot of clearing.

Also a little ways from me guys that does terrace building puts dozer blades and grouser on the 973 and 977 loaders and use them.The terraces are built from the backside and have a 2 to 1 or steeper back slope.

The ground slope is over 12% to steeper,so the backslpoes get tall 10 to over 15 feet tall.The loader works good because they have a wide blade and climbing the back slope they can actually tilt the blade just like if they was using a bucket to get the dirt to come off the blade because of the steepness.

Just an example how they are used with grousers and dozer blade.Most was fixed so they could change back to the bucket if they wanted too.Good luck:usa