• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Guess the purpose of this

Hendrik

Yes folks once again it is time to play.........GUESS THE PART
those who have read some of my ramblings might know why I build this.
And no there are no prizes and yes these are my own pictures and not 'stolen' from anywhere:)

Attachments

• 00006sml.jpg
    00006sml.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 00007sml.jpg
    00007sml.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,010

Hendrik

I was thinking a can crusher, or a toe crusher. Depends on which on it would hit first.:tong
Actually that is not a bad idea, I could easily put 12 cans under there and crush them but alas no it is not a hamburger presser or can crusher.
Perhaps it is time for another clue.

Attachments

• 00003sml.jpg
    00003sml.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 919
  • 00004sml.jpg
    00004sml.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 911
  • 00005sml.jpg
    00005sml.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 917

Hendrik

Hmm...possibly an adapter plate to mount a bobcat bucket on???
Oooooh very close but not quite, you have to consider what I would want to have on the ex, why would I want a bobcat bucket on there, when I already have 4 buckets for it?
If you look very closely at the pictures there is a clue.

johnsond98

The only other thing I could think of would be for a pair of forks. I can't think of what the angle iron with the bolts going thru it are for tho??

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I'll take a shot-

You can put a cutting edge on it for fine grading and larger finish areas. The bolts are there to hold the edge on.

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Guess the purpose of this:

I'll take a shot-

You can put a cutting edge on it for fine grading and larger finish areas. The bolts are there to hold the edge on.

I'll go with CM1995... then at least two of us will be right or wrong.

If we're both wrong... well, misery loves company.

If we're right, we can share the praise and glory... :D

However, if ATCO says it's just an area or container for blue paint, I wouldn't agree with that... :lmao
( poke, poke)... lol

What ever it be... you did a nice job... :thumbsup

OCR... :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
However, if ATCO says it's just an area or container for blue paint, I wouldn't agree with that...

Container for blue paint? Naw, I can think a little more creative than that. :D

Hmmm, don't have a clue what attaches to it. But, it does look like an adapter plate. And, given the size of it, it doesn't look like Bobcat size coupler, more like a Toro Dingo attachment size. Maybe he has a dingo bucket that he's going to turn forward and use as a shovel, or, pour concrete in stair moulds. Just a wild guess.

Grader4me

Looks like dried concrete inside the plate. Its sitting on what appears to be a concrete step of some kind. Is this used for shaping concrete steps or something simular? Maybe I'm wayyyyy off here...

OCR

Occupation

But, it does look like an adapter plate. Maybe he has a dingo bucket that he's going to turn forward and use as a shovel, or, pour concrete in stair moulds.
Well, I was going to make another post, and basically say the same thing, but my Internet connection speed is so slow tonight... seems to take forever, just to look at "get all new posts"... you understand, right??... ;)

I'll bet, its a trowel device, to put the groves in the concrete, that the adapter is sitting on, in the first pictures.. :cool2

OCR... :D

OCR

Occupation

Looks like dried concrete inside the plate. Its sitting on what appears to be a concrete step of some kind. Is this used for shaping concrete steps or something simular? Maybe I'm wayyyyy off here...

Whoops, sorry Grader4me... I just got a new modem from StarBand, and it's supposed to be fast, but they seem to be having "issues"... and they had to do a re-point, cause they went to a different bird. Of course, they said "they were aware of the speed problems, and were working on it".

OCR... :)

Hendrik

Hmmm, don't have a clue what attaches to it. But, it does look like an adapter plate. And, given the size of it, it doesn't look like Bobcat size coupler, more like a Toro Dingo attachment size. Maybe he has a dingo bucket that he's going to turn forward and use as a shovel, or, pour concrete in stair moulds. Just a wild guess.
OK I know you are all dying of curiosity so I'll spill the beans, yes it is an adapter plate for dingo attachments.
With the primary purpose of being able to attach the post hole digger onto the ex and use it to drill holes in places where the dingo can't get at.

Attachments

• 00001sml.jpg
    00001sml.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 868
  • 00002sml.jpg
    00002sml.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 868

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
OK I know you are all dying of curiosity so I'll spill the beans, yes it is an adapter plate for dingo attachments.
With the primary purpose of being able to attach the post hole digger onto the ex and use it to drill holes in places where the dingo can't get at.

Well, I got a piece of it right...Dingo attachement. :)

Hendrick you sly dog, I don't recall you posting that you had a Dingo! But then, my memory ain't what it used to be. :tong

Really nice job you did with the adapter plate. ;)

OCR

Occupation

Ah, I see... but no praise and glory, for the right answer... shucks!!!

But again, you did a nice job... :thumbsup

We have a hydraulic post hole digger, that we mount on a loader/tractor, but I've always thought it would be handy, hooked up to our Cat 312.

OCR