• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hanix 30

mce5802

Hello. I recently acquired a 12000# Hanix excavator. It runs good, when the guy delivered it it was 6 degrees and it started right up I couldn't hardly believe it. Its a Mitsubishi diesel. Anyway, my question on this, the hydraulics seem really slow, low digging force I think, and it tracks real slow. It seems to have enough tracking power though. It swings fast enough. The main pumps are I think two gear pumps bolted together, one must be tracking and swing (?) and one runs the boom/stick valve body? then a separate belt driven pump for the blade and boom side shift. I'm wondering anyone knows the gpm required for a machine like this, maybe I could adapt new pumps to it if I did a little machining. Its a gray market machine, and the original pump isn't available from Hanix in Japan. I knew when I bought it, from reading this forum, there would be issues with parts.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

mce5802

I did some figuring maybe you guys can verify it. On that machine the boom cylinder is behind the boom so it fills from the rod eye end to raise. It’s a 5” by 36” cylinder w a 2 1/2” rod, which I think takes about .75 to fill from the rod end. The specs for other machines say it should take roughly 3-4 seconds to fill the boom cylinder, so figuring 4 seconds that would be 1/15th of a minute to pump .75 gal, roughly an 11 gpm pump? What happens in I put like a 15 gpm pump on?

Thanks again

Mike

f311fr1

5 inch bore =19.635 cu in per inch of stroke = 19.635 X 36 = 706.86 cubic inches
2.5 inch rod = 4.9087 cu in per inch of stroke = 4.9087 X 36 = 176.71 cubic inches
60 seconds divided by 4 seconds = a time factor of 15
So if you fill from the rod end 706.86 - 176.71 = 530.15 cu in X time factor of 15 = 7,953.25 cu in divided by 231 cu in per gallon = 34.42 GPM

f311fr1

Probably. How old is the machine and do you have any pictures of the pump(s) and the valve bank? What is the HP of the engine?

mce5802

It’s early ‘90s, I don’t know the year. The engine is around 40 hp. I’ll take pictures tomorrow. The levers hook directly to the valve bank, not pilot control.

f311fr1

Yes they are gear pumps. H P required is GPM X PSI X .0007. I have attached info on how to measure for replacement.

Attachments

• HYDRAULIC PUMP INFO.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • HYDRAULIC PUMP INFO.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

mce5802

Ok I took the pumps off this morning and measured them. Width of gear is .665, diameter 1.7 and length 3.1”. This figures out to 6.5 gpm, which is close to what I got when I was timing it. Someone has done some cobbling to the engine mounts and I’m thinking they may have put different pumps on. The motor is a four cylinder Mitsubishi diesel, I’m guessing 35-40 hp. I think the pumps are too small for this machine. The input is a 12 spline I think real close to 7/8 diameter, (is this common?) and I think they may have even changed the bell housing n coupler to accommodate this pump, doesn’t look factory to me. The suction lines are about 1 1/4 and 3/4 on the pressure side. Any input from any of you who might have an idea what should be on it would be appreciated.