• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Happy New 955L Owner With Questions

AllDodge

The water connection is in the same place as in your second pic. Its dark currently, but the bolts seen in post 34 on the top right are holding the fitting which comes from the rad

Bluox

A 4B # is an industrial block so you have a transplant. This is why the experts have such a hard time only having parts books and no actual real life hands on experience .
Bob

AllDodge

IF 4B means what you say, then sort of figured if the motor was replaced by CAT with a reman, then it would be a remove/replace as a unit. The question is what was in it to begin with. IF (another big if) if was just replaced, what was removed and what was installed? Was it originally a 330 or a 3304?

No need to throw darts, its hard enough to get anyone to respond question once a given person shows up. Were all just trying to figure this out and ALL help is appreciated so far as I'm concerned

Welder Dave

A 4B # is an industrial block so you have a transplant. This is why the experts have such a hard time only having parts books and no actual real life hands on experience .
Bob

Funny, I don't see where you identified it before the engine tag was posted.

kb9tci

Welcome to the world of a 955L! It sounds like your machine is close in serial number to mine. I learned a lot going through working on mine to get it going!

leadfarmer

Can the operation of the lift and tilt levers be reversed? Pulling back to lower and dump is not working with my brain.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Can the operation of the lift and tilt levers be reversed? Pulling back to lower and dump is not working with my brain.
They are supposed to work the other way round. See attachment. It appears as though a previous owner has reversed them. If you could find out which hoses they switched it should simply be a case of switching them back to where they were originally.

Attachments

• O&M Manual.pdf
    743.3 KB · Views: 15

leadfarmer

That manual shows the tilt being pull back to dump which is how it is so I guess only one is swapped from the original arrangement. I will have to investigate. Can I flip the tilt function hoses from factory configuration or will I cause issues doing that?

AllDodge

Pulling back is the way it should work. Its weird feeling but is correct. When ready to dump both handles are pulled back, this starts raising the buck while the bucket is being dumped. This way the Buckeyes stays it relative position to where it's being dumped