• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hay Baling'09

Cretebaby

Did a some big baling today.

Just a little patch, got 58 bales.

Attachments

• P1010133RS.jpg
    P1010133RS.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 815
  • P1010134RS.jpg
    P1010134RS.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 827
  • P1010135RS.jpg
    P1010135RS.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 831
  • P1010132RS.jpg
    P1010132RS.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 828
  • P1010136RS.jpg
    P1010136RS.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 817

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
We've had so much rain here no one has been able to do any baling. The hay is now in full seed and stands at least 3' tall. I'm sure they could have gotten a second cutting by now if they had been able to do the first. I hope it doesn't create a shortage.

Those are big bales. I'm running into that problem here, most have switched to large rectangle or round bales. I use the old standard rectangle for mulch hay in landscaping, they are getting harder to come by.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
We've had so much rain here no one has been able to do any baling. The hay is now in full seed and stands at least 3' tall. I'm sure they could have gotten a second cutting by now if they had been able to do the first. I hope it doesn't create a shortage.

Those are big bales. I'm running into that problem here, most have switched to large rectangle or round bales. I use the old standard rectangle for mulch hay in landscaping, they are getting harder to come by.

All you have to do Steve is buy the big ones and get a small baler and rebale them saw a couple of old timers ( says he with his hair on bust and his teeth in a jar) he do that as they were unable to handle the 8x4 or the round ones.

Stock

ScottAR

Just need a krone (krone-uh) 1270 multibale. Makes up to 9 little bales in a big square bale. :yup There only about $100K :eek:

Cretebaby

You pay the freight and I will send you a load of little straw bales:)

We use a lot of big bales for mulch, I just put the chunks in the straw chopper one at a time. We made a crate for any partial bales that I have left over and just use them up next time. It is not as handy as little bales but is less work handling them and can be bought much cheaper.

Cretebaby

You need a machine to move those big ones, no?

Yes for the most part

Isn't that inconvenient?

On the farm? No, we have 3 loaders to handle the bales with and can make twice the hay in half the time as little bales without breaking a sweat.

Plus it is a higher quality hay in the big bales.

On the job? A little but it depends on the size of the job

On jobs that require multiple big bales it is handier since I don't have to man handle all the little bales. I typically have machines on the jobto load with or load the bales and the chopper on the same trailer.

On litle jobs it can be a pain but that is why we made the crate. We just take the crate or load a few chunks.

I am thinking about just getting a 5 x 8 trailer to just keep a bale on and bring it along when we need it.

I do make little bales to keep on hand otherwise we only make them on a custom order basis.